Friday, March 6, 2009

The Skinny Bitch I Swallowed.....

So I know that there is this skinny person inside me........somewhere. She used to be present a long time ago but I ate her. Don't worry.....she is trying her best to come back. Although maybe not this week.
Yesterday was my Weight Watchers meeting. I was hoping to loose a lot. I feel like my clothes are fitting looser now and there is actually a pair of pants that I just got for Christmas that I can no longer wear. Brett says that I could just get a belt and they would be fine but I can't stand to wear belts! As if I need anything more for my flabby tire to hang over!
Anyway, so I have felt like I've been doing really good.....other than I went out to eat with my friends.....and had a couple drinks of pepsi.......and also a brownie my mother-in-law made that was HEAVENLY............yeah okay this week was hard for me, but I was still exercising everyday for at least 45 minutes!
I was checking my scale at home almost everyday and I was actually going down. My scale at home read 152.4! I was SO EXCITED! That is the lowest I have been so far after having Owen. So my hopes for the next weigh in were really high. I was thinking at least 3 lbs.
When I was weighed last night at the meeting I was 154.6..... down .6 lbs. I was looking at the lady like, "That's it?!", still standing there like she was going to go, "Oooops! I mean 6 lbs.", but yeah right. I know that I still lost some but I was bummed. I guess I learned a good lesson.......ummm.......more self control?........stop pigging out?........not telling yourself that since you cheated at one thing, all is fair game then? Okay, maybe I learned more than one lesson.
So next week I am going to really buckle down and work hard. No more justifying why I can have something that I shouldn't.
Hope fully next week I have some better news to tell ya.

7 comments:

The Ahlins said...

Its okay Jina, I think your still doing great! and also I have heard that your body goes through phases were you lose more then others so maybe next week will be better and at least you didn't gain anything!! dont worry! I love your title ha ha!

p.s. I am telling jason to donate his sperm! jk

Cristy said...

Gina, I am so proud of you for sharing your weight ups and downs with everyone! I really think it's awesome and soooo BRAVE! Way to go on losing and keep up the good work! 45 minutes a day is awesome!
I'm proud of you!
Screw the girl you swallowed and make yourself better!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Losing weight is so freaking hard!! I hate those people who look like they never even had a baby like two weeks later ( i see them all the time at my job!) Good for you!!

Diana said...

I was worried about you last week when you posted that you wanted to lose another big number like you did that first week! But I didn't want to seem like a downer. I can explain quite a bit about what has physiologically changed in your body now that you've reduced your caloric intake, but I don't want to bore you or write an insanely long "comment". What it boils down to, though, is that during your first week, you were burning a lot of your glycogen stores in your muscles. Glycogen also stores a lot of water. Your awesome initial weight loss of 5+ lbs was mostly water, and now your body will be breaking down muscle and fat, which both take a LOT more energy (and caloric deficits) to burn. So, don't get discouraged. It's just like how on the biggest loser when all these people lose 20 lbs the first week and then 3 the next. Your body is just reacting to the change!

If it makes you feel better, I gained .4 this week, making this the 4th week in a row that the scale said 154. Talk about a plateau! I've determined not to weigh myself this week and write down EVERYTHING. Good luck, friend!

lacey said...

they might have already told you this but it is very normal to lose alot the first week and then your body freeks out and trys to hang on to anything it can so dont worrie to much about only loseing .6 inches and the way you fill is way more inportent. if you havent already started you should measser your self once a week also, that will show you more accuret. good luck and i am so proud of ya!!

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

You are awesome! you go girl! I laughed so hard at the title of your post! You kill me! I miss ya! Keep up the good work! = )

annie said...

you are hilarious!! i think this is my all time favorite post title i've ever read. don't you love it when you have set goals and are reaching them. you are doing awsome! i need some of your goal setting strength :)