So I just have to gloat about my accomplishment today. I finally got to go exercise without the kids, thanks to my sweet hubby and I was excited because I wanted to give jogging a shot to see just how far I could go. Well, I went 1 1/4 miles! I was so proud of myself. I almost did the whole dance that football players make when they make a touchdown.....but I couldn't get out of the zone I was in......so I kept on going. Oh, and by the way, if you are wondering how I could have possibly done this with the blizzard we had outside.....I went to the high school in-door track. It is great!
When I got home, I had a big cheesy smile on my face and told Brett. I have to say he was quite impressed. I got a high five too. Now as I sit here typing, I am thinking that I am going to pay for it tomorrow. I can feel it creeping on......the crippling, aching, begging that your legs are cut-off, wish you were dead feeling. You know getting myself doped up on Tylenol is sounding real good.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
AWESOME!! I remember the first time I ran a whole consecutive mile and I felt SO great... until the shinsplints kicked in, that is! Way to get started on that 5K training!
Way to go...that indoor track at SHS is hilarious. My girls do gymnastics there. kind of scary the first time I walked in!
Great job! Keep up the good work. The indoor track is a little creepy for me, but I must admit, before my treadmill I went there often on the cold days. Beats the burning lungs of running in the cold.
Way to go! That is impressive! Good for you!
Be careful, running gets addicting!! I know I am addicted for sure and I have to run until I get that surge of adrenaline, it takes too long now but at least I burn a lot of calories in the process!
Way to go! I am really impressed...I know that I am not even close to that point yet.
Post a Comment