Are you sick of the update's and me talking about myself yet??? Well, if you are....then stop visiting my page lol. Because after all.....blogs are suppose to be about yourself. For all of you who love hearing me talk about myself lol, thanks for bearing through this weight loss journey with me. I still have a long way to go and am so grateful for all of your support and encouragement. Journaling about my feelings and changes during this whole ordeal has really helped me out.
I have a big feeling I will regret the title of this blog. Isn't it inevitable that we all hit a plateau at some point while loosing weight? Yeah I am dreading that. But hey!....I have to tell that I lost 2.8 lbs this week putting me at 147.2 with a total loss of 13.2 lbs!!!!!!!!!! Heeeeeeeck yeah baby!
The sad part is that for every 5 lbs that I loose, I loose a point. So now I am down to 23 points. And I just have to keep telling myself that it is so I can get skinnier. I have been jogging twice a week now and still walking a lot. I think that is what has helped the most. For all you avid joggers out there I just have a question......I can jog for 1.5 miles without a problem. And I am trying to go for a full 3 miles, but when I reach the mile and a half I start to get side aches and sometimes my leg hurts behind the knee. Is there something I can do to prevent this? Or is it something that I just have to ignore and it will go away?
All I have left to say is that the stinkin' weather better be getting warmer or I will go crazy not being able to jog outside!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love hearing about you- don't stop, and that's exactly what blogs are for:) Way to go chica! BTW your little mischievous guy in the dryer is ADORABLE!
That's great Jina, I'm also on my weight loss journey, I'll let you know how its going. Miss ya.
Phew, glad it's already happened so I don't have to keep track anymore! I knew you'd pass me up quickly! Way to go! But check with Analisa (the leader) about the losing points thing. I'm pretty sure that it's every 10 lbs you lose (so now that you're in the 140's you have 2 less points than you did starting off at 160). I've gone from 26 points when I was 186, to 22 points now that I'm in the 140's as well (so 1 point per "decade") is what I was told.
about the side aches... make sure you are breathing deep enough. It may be annoying, but I have a very rhythmic breathing when I run. Basically breath in for 2 steps, out 2 steps. Sideaches are a result of a lack of oxygen. When you get them, slow to a walk and raise your arms above your head to help draw your breath deeper. I don't know if there's scientific evidence for this, but it helps me on the rare occasions that I get them. Don't try to push yourself to 3 miles yet if you're not ready. Just build up to 2, then 2.25, then 2.5, etc. until your body eases into it. Or, just tell your body, we're going to run for 20 minutes straight and when that's done, we'll stop. Sometimes the distance becomes a mental brick wall for me and I have to focus on time running vs. distance. good luck with that!
JIna - I am so proud of you. You are doing so great with your weight loss...doesn't it feel so great!?!?! You looked so awesome at church today too...seriously WOW.
I sometimes have a hard time with my knees too...I have found that if I make a consious effort to lift my knees higher when I run and take longer strides it makes a huge difference...it also helps me run faster without making it harder.
Also, maybe you need new shoes. You should check-out runner's corner in Orem...they have a great staff that can help you find the perfect shoes for you. They run you around $100 but it it totally worth it. I love my shoes! Thanks Diana and Paul.
Good luck. Also, I am going to be running Mon, Wed, and Friday at the indoor track at 6am if you want to come...I would love the company.
Post a Comment