
On Monday, June 22, 2009 my Grandma Nielsen passed away. I will miss her sweet person so much. She was an incredible lady.
I have many great memories with her: playing go fish and old maid as a child, the famous Christmas party, 24th of July party, her yummy jams and jellies, and sitting on her front porch talking. The times she would let me play in her jewlery complete with all the matching clip-on earrings and pins, and all the candy dishes full of candy, ready, no matter who showed up.
I will always remember her floral smell and the gentleness she showed to everyone. She showed her love by the many things she did and said. She always had a saying or quote to help you out. My favorite one was "Kill'em with kindness". No matter your problem, she always had a listening ear and made your troubles float away.
I will miss her but am so grateful that she no longer has to suffer through all the health problems she was unfortunately dealt.
I will always admire her love for my grandpa and his for her. They were a true match.
As I am faced with the loss of my grandparents, I reflect a lot on them, life, and I even have some regrets. I think about the great people they were and the life that they lived. I am in awe of the things they have seen. Their lives touched many people and I regret not seeing them more often, especially when they lived so close by. I hope they know how much I loved them and looked up to them.
I am heartbroken for the loss that both my mom and dad have faced. There is nothing more gut wrenching then watching your parents in pain. Yet I want to grab them by the shoulders and shake them.......... and tell them not to leave me someday. I know I have no control over that, but just so they can see that this is the pain that I will have to go through when they leave this life.
I dread the day I loose my parents. I know that no matter who I loose in this life, I will see them again. But let's face the fact that when you loose someone it doesn't make it any easier. At least not for a while. Your still here without them. And time just keeps going on.
It is hard to think that the person who passed on will never be here again. Duh! I know.....but I mean that personality, character, spirit, role model etc., will never be here again. No one will ever look the same or have their same talents. That person had their own likes and dislikes that could never be copied completely. And then there are all the feelings and impressions they left upon you and other people that could never be replaced by another or duplicated.
I think that is why it is so hard to loose someone.
I love you grandma, and will look forward to the day when we will see each other again.

1 comment:
that is a beautiful tribute. i too fear the day off the loss of a close person.
go to www.openupmonsen.blogspot.com and leave me your email as a comment so I can invite you to see my blog that is now private.
Post a Comment