Wow! I have so many things to catch up on. I was going to wait until I have pictures for everything that I want to talk about....but if I don't at least do a little bit of an update right now, I will be completely overloaded.
-I went to my Grandma's funeral on the 26th of June. It was a beautiful ceremony. There was a lot of nice things said and many memories shared. Thanks to everyone for there support and sympathy in my loss.
----------------------------------
-I ran the Genola 5K on June 27th. I ran it in 30:13!!!! I was so happy. It is my fastest time so far. The route was really tough with the 1st mile going at an uphill slant and then on an ATV trail for half a mile. I honestly wasn't sure about the rate I was going at and was thinking it was going to be bad when I crossed the finish line. So this was a relief! There was about a hundred people which was perfect. I am starting to think I really like the smaller 5K's rather than the ones with a thousand people or more.
-After the 5K, I went to Brett's parents house to change for the parade. I was asked to be a clown along with my sis-in-law Mandy. Now, if you've never been to a Genola parade before, you'd be in for a real treat. Not only does the parade go down the street once, but they turn around at the end and come back for round two. Candy was thrown everywhere and kids had sacks full like it was Halloween. As my sis-in-law and I walked, we had candy that we threw and cans of silly string spraying all the kids.
When we turned around for round 2, I was given the super soaker and was squirting everyone. There was no age limit to my madness. Young, old, infant, nursing mom.....it didn't matter. I think people were ticked off, but I was having fun, laughing my butt off! I got some really nasty looks from people, but I am guessing that they secretly liked it because this is what happened:
As we passed the announcer for the parade, he said over the microphone that we were to come up to him afterward. He thought we were so great that we won an award! Well, afterward we walked that way and he handed us the 1st place prize! Mandy and I were so shocked. It was an envelope with 50 bucks so we slpit it between us.
I don't know if winning 1st place in the Genola parade is that big of an accomplishment, but it still made us feel good and we would totally do it again because we had so much fun!!!!!!
P.S If your at a parade, getting wet is the risk you take!
---------------------------------
-So I lost to my mother-in-law in our weight competition. She lost weight really fast and I defeatedly handed my 15 bucks to her. She lost a total of 7.5 lbs and I had only lost 5.4, but even though I lost, I was still happy about loosing that much in only 3 weeks.
-We started our weight competition again with a prize of $45.00 with Aunt Christine joining in this time. It started a week ago and ends July 27. I want to get as close to my goal this month as possible so I am hoping that having a bigger prize this month will be just what I need to get there. (And the thrill of beating the other two who are 20 years older than me makes me want to work hard too lol.) I did okay this week loosing 1 1/2 lbs.
-Weight Watchers has been going really good and having this competition with Brett's mom is helping alot. I weighed in on Thursday at my lowest weight so far which is 138.8. I lost 2.6 lbs which puts my total weight loss at 21.6 lbs. I was SO happy about that. I knew that I had done really good this week and it is a relief when it is confirmed on the scale.
----------------------------------------
-For the 4th of July, we had a huge BBQ with the Carter's and it was so much fun.......until the wind and rain came. We didn't get to light fireworks but did it on Sunday.
I hope to get pictures of all of these events soon! I can't believe that its almost the middle of July! YIKES time goes by so fast.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment