Friday, June 12, 2009

The Competition Is ON!

After a month and a half of no progress due to lack of motivation, I have finally got my game on! In other words, my mother-in-law is going doowwwwwnnnnnn!

I found out that my dear mother-in-law weighs less that me. Only by 6 lbs., but it not only made me feel crushed ( because I am half her age and shouldn't weigh what I do right now at my age) but gave me a feeling of "Oh, I'll show you!". She has also been wanting to loose weight, so last Sunday we weighed in front of each other and agreed that whoever can loose the most weight by the 27th (which is the Genola 5k that I am training for and that she is in charge of) will buy the other a necklace and earrings from The Buckle. But I just found out that my Aunt Christine is joining this weight loss race. (So there will be a $45.00 prize at The Buckle for jewlery or clothing) There is no way I will loose. In fact I might just go pick out the fine pieces that I would like right now.

I have been totally following the WW plan this whole week and feel awesome! I am so glad that something like this has got me back on track. Cindy is also following the same plan as well. It will be interesting to see what happens.

And the bummer is since I so generously lent Cindy my scale, I have no way of knowing how I am doing until either Thursday at my meeting or Sunday when I weigh in front of her. I was SO excited to see what progress I had made when I showed up Thurs. to Weight Watchers. I got on the scale and it read 141.6!!!!!!! I was ready to kiss the women over the counter! I lost 2 lbs putting my complete weight loss total to 18.8 lbs! I had only been tracking what I was eating for 4 days so I wasn't expecting that big of a loss at all.

Now I am so excited to weigh in on Sunday and see where I am at. And it will be fun to see what happens on the 27th. Hmmm........maybe I will take Cindy some brownies and ice cream for dessert on Sunday lol.

2 comments:

annie said...

i love a little motivation. i'm in need of some serious motivation right now. i need to get off of my butt and excersize.

Meg said...

Thats great! When we get to are goal weight we should go up to Park City for some all day shopping! I wish I could run in a 5k, my time would be 2hrs.