As I look back at preparing for my first 5k, I am so glad that I did lol. I knew what I was getting into. Someday I hope to say that I love running, but for now I truly can't say that.
I am so glad for the experience. I have to be honest that while I am running I think "What the heck am I doing to myself? This sucks!". But there is something about pushing your body to its max that gives you this awesome feeling. Afterward I felt so great!
The weather turned out to be perfect! It was a little chilly but once we got our first few minutes of running in we were ready to start yanking our jackets off. Little did I know that it was going to have a slight uphill incline the last mile of it and it took a toll on my knee. I had to walk for about five minutes after running to the 2.5 mile mark cause I thought my knee was going to go out on me. Then we ran (or as for me limped/ran lol) the rest of the way and finished in 33 minutes. I was shocked that I did it that quick........quick for me anyway. I was expecting to finish with around a 40 minute time.

3 comments:
Congrats again, Jina! I'm proud of you for how well you ran your first 5K! I'm impressed how quickly you worked up to it and how good you are already! Sorry your knee was hurting. That's always so frustrating! We'll see you at your next one!
HA HA! click on the picture of us running!! what the heck is up with my hair its like the giant blob dancing on my head! okay well anyways what a great experience and I am glad I have you to continue running and doing these things with.
Way to go girl! You are just amazing!
Post a Comment