Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Brady!!!!




I can't believe that Brady is 3 years old! His birthday was on April 13 and he was so excited for it and for a party. We had family over to celebrate and he had a blast!

For a while now he has really been into dinosaurs, so of course we had to have a dinosaur cake. He loved it. I had Reams make it and they did a good job. The best part is that when I went to pick it up, they didn't have any dinosaur toys left to put on it and I was totally fine with that because Brady has tons of little Dino's. So I only paid $7.00 for the cake, instead of $15.00 for their toy, and just stuck our own toys on it. I think that is what I will do from now on when I get a cake made!

We bought balloons and really made the day special for him. Every time his birthday comes around it's truly a bitter sweet thing for me. I think "This is the last time he will ever be ---", and it makes me so sad! But I am also glad to have him get bigger because he is developing the cutest personalty and becoming such a unique individual. Going places and doing things with him is so much more fun as he gets older and understands.

For his birthday present, we took him to Wal-Mart to get a feel of what he would like. He saw this gun and was in love. Brett and I wanted to really surprise him for his birthday so we told him he would have to see what he was going to get for his birthday.

We were so in for it! Taking a kid to a store, letting him touch, and then telling him he isn't going to get it is just wrong! He was bawling. I distracted Brady while Brett snuck away with the gun, so he could pay for it and hide it in the trunk. I felt so bad that we tortured Brady that way, but he was estatic on his birthday when he got to open it and realize what it was. That's where this picture comes in lol.

As for this one, doesn't it just crack you up the look of concentration Brett has while they load the gun? Brett is having just as much fun as Brady is.


Brady,

We hope you had a wonderful birthday! You are such a good helper for mom and a great big brother. I am so grateful to have the privilege of raising you and loving you. You have a sweet spirit and a mischievous character that I love. We want you to know that we love you so much!
Happy Birthday!

Love,
Mom, Dad, & Owen

2 comments:

The Ahlins said...

Oh cute..I love my brady. I am sad I didn't get to come up to his birthday, It makes me feel bad but It looks like he lots of fun and lots of love. Happy late birthday brady!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Brady! What a cutie:)