I think I got just a little too cocky in my last Weight Watchers post about being unstopable........ Yeah like I got the sock out of the drawer, started wadding it up into a ball, and started shoving it into my open mouth. Last Thursday I felt that there might be something to fear at the next weigh-in..........damn Easter candy. Can anyone please tell me why every stinkin' holiday has to have candy involved??? P-L-E-A-S-E????
I weighed in that night at 148.2. A whopping 1 lb gain. I was a little devastated........and then I reached for the mini-snickers in all their pastel loveliness....mmmm...........and then moped a little more. After having a pity party for myself, I held my head up high with my shoulders back and said, "Snap out of the fix of Easter deliciousness!!! You can overcome!". And so I really focused on tracking what I ate and having Brett check up on me every night making sure I wrote every morsel I savored.
This week I felt I did better. I didn't exercise quite as much as I thought that I should have, but still felt better. I didn't care how much I had lost, just as long as I hadn't gained any more. Well, the scale confirmed a loss of 1.6 lbs putting me at 146.6 with a total weight loss of 13.8 lbs! I was SO HAPPY.....and relieved! I am sure that jogging to my meeting helped a ton too lol.
As my first 5k creeps up on me, I hope that I can prepare enough for it. I am so excited to do it and it has been a great motivator for me to get off my butt. I already have another one I want to do on June 6th here in Springville. Goals are whats keeping me going, whether it be a 5k or just going out with my friends from high school, it helps a ton! And I can't forget all of you who have said that I've enspired you to get healthy. That is the best!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Nice work! You are doing awesome! don't be too hard on yourself.
You really are doing a good job, I know what your saying about the Easter candy. I look at it like this: if I eat that candy bar thats 15min longer I have to workout. I haven't touched a single one. Keep up the good work.
What 5k are you doing? Maybe I'll join you!
My blog is private but I will add you what is your email again? I think you are doing awesome Jina and yeah I would like to know why every Holiday had to have candy involved it really sucks! Keep up the good work Jina !!!
Gina you are Amazing! You keep going and keep up teh great work! YOU'RE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
You ROCK!! Kudos to you for keeping up on everything with the walking and trackin your points. Whats the 5k in Springville maybe I can get togther for that one. But I would have to kick in the butt joggin more
I'm so glad your doing good. I've thought about doing weight watchers to. I just might have to get serious.Keep up with the loosing.
Post a Comment