Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What Lies In The Past


The time has come. No more excuses, I am officially on the weight loss wagon! For the longest time I have been down about my weight and the way I have, "let myself go". I have now made myself realize that there are no quick fixes or over night miracles. That I can't just eat what I want, when I want and think it does not matter.
Now, I know, that I will NEVER be the skinny little person I once was growing up and all throughout high school. After having kids its just not possible. I want to finally get to where I am happy with where I am.
As I look back at pictures of me, I long for that freedom of never having to try things on at the store and putting on a swim suit to go swimming at the drop of a hat without even the slightest thought.
O- those were the days!
On Thursday I will be attending my first Weight Watchers meeting. I am a little nervous because this is the first time I have ever made a commitment about weight loss. I am excited to learn how to eat healthy and to set a goal with someone telling me that I can do it! I am contemplating on taking before pictures. What do you guys think? And maybe if I get brave I will post my weight, as soon as I find out for sure what it is, and my goal weight on my next blog.

6 comments:

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

HEY!!! I love finding new blogs!! So you need to check out mine and I did a post a few weeks ago called "body language" Where I put up a nice little picture of my gut and it really helped me feel better about my post baby body. I am sure you look amazing but good job making that commitment!

The Ahlins said...

I am happy for you Jina, and I know that you will be able to do it, your just that kind of person. I think you should put up before and after pictures...even if you dont post it on here I think it will be good for you to be able to look at your results. Good luck!

Emily said...

Jina - I am so excited that you have taken the steps to get yourself in shape and where you want to be. It is a hard thing to look at yourself and say, "I want to change...and the change starts with me." Weight Watchers is a great place to go if you need to lose 100 pounds or 5 pounds...so whereever you stand in that spectrum I think it will work for you.

I think you definately need a before picture; even if it is just for you. You will look at yourself after you lost weight and be able to see the difference...it can be very encouraging.

Good luck! I am rooting for you.

Meg said...

Good job, I'm in it with you. You didn't call me the other day. when you get a change give me a call. Love ya!

Diana said...

YAY FOR JINA!!!! I was so happy seeing you walk in to WW tonight! I hope you felt good about what Analisa taught you. I know you can do it! Even though you've got this SKINNY version of yourself that you're comparing everything to (you weren't kidding!), I just want you to know I think you are a gorgeous lady TODAY! And when you lose your first 5 and then 10 lbs, you'll look and feel even better! If it makes you feel less shy about posting your weight, I'll let you know that I started WW at 186.6 and now weigh 154.2 with another 9.2 lbs to go! Even though my house was a disaster, I'm SO glad you stopped by the other night! After cleaning it on Tuesday morning I was going to call you to come back over so you knew I did actually know how to clean up! Anyway... Glad you've jumped on the wagon with us! I hope you know you can stop by or call me ANY TIME with questions or ideas!

*Sarah Johnson* said...

YAY Jina!!!!!!! let me know how it goes and I will come with you!!! Love ya!!