Sunday, February 22, 2009

Confession Time

Weight Watchers on Thursday went really well. I had no idea what to expect but they walk you through it step by step which is really nice. I was totally pigging out for last two days before my first meeting, since I knew that I was going to join and have to become more health food conscious, and I was dreading the weigh-in part. I do have a really good digital scale at home and thought to myself that I would weigh before I went so I wouldn't be shocked by the number that they would tell me. Also to get an idea of how accurate my scale is with theirs. Well, it was right on!
So here is the truth......I am starting weight watchers at 160.4 with a goal of 125! WOW....I can't believe I just told everyone and their freakin' dog that!
Now it is down to business on staying active and making good food choices. After only 3 days on the weight watchers program I feel enthusiastic. I don't feel deprived and hungry like I feared that I would. I feel satisfied and that I can eat anything that I want. It is great! This is such an eye opener for me to know what I am putting into my body and to think of what I was putting into it!
On April 25 I am going to the Goshen Fun Run that my mother-in-law is in charge of. It will be 3 miles. I know its not alot but I have never done any kind of run/marathon/walk before so I thought it would be a great start. So from now until then I am going to get myself in enough shape to where I can jog the whole thing. Yeah I am in that bad of shape lol. I will post pics of me starting this whole process with losing weight and getting in shape when I can get Brett to take a decent picture. I am excited to start this new journey with myself. This is MY year yay!

6 comments:

~Bones & Shany~ said...

Good for you girl I need to kick it in the butt too. I was going to a spin class with my friend but when my husband went back to swing it kinda made it impossible!.. If you want we could so go walking everyday or everyother day with the kids when it warms up I'd so go with you! let me know!

Diana said...

GREAT! I'm so glad you are feeling enthusiastic and confident! There are lots of "zero to hero" workouts online that can help you get started on running. It took me some time to work up to a full 5K, but it just takes getting started! Plus, you are 25 lbs lighter than I was when I started running, so that should help! I'm so glad you're having a successful start! Can't wait to see how well you do this first weigh-in!

The Ahlins said...

Well I hope that I can run it with you! or jog whatever..just as long as I make the 3 miles! I know you can do it JINA!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Good for you!! I think that's awesome you have the guts to post your weight. I have been trying to loose my baby weight for over a year now and have come to the conclusion that it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle

*Sarah Johnson* said...

I so want to run the marathon with you let me know!!!! I love you Jina!!!

Diana said...

How did your first weigh in go today?! Can't wait for you to blog about it!