Friday, May 29, 2009

Thomas The Train Overdose
















W
e went to Thomas The Train in Heber last Saturday. Brady had a blast! They had their picture taken with Thomas and it was so much fun watching Brady get so excited. He absolutely loves Thomas The Train and so it was like Christmas morning for him.





























They had different stations set-up for the kids to do things while waiting for the ultimate train ride. They had a petting zoo with tiny horses, a bubble station, a station where the kids could play with the Thomas The Train toys, story-telling, a station where you could meet Sir Topham Hat, a balloon station and a tattooing station. Brady's favorites where the horses and bubbles.






























When we got in line to ride the train, you could see Brady was so excited. I have to admit that I was excited too because this was my first time ever riding a "real" train. When we got on board, and started moving, you could see a huge smile cover Brady's face. Owen loved it too. I looked over at Brett and asked "Does this thing go any faster?", Brett was like "Why do you think they
call it the Heber creeper?". -Seriously it was like .0005 miles an hour. It took us like 25 minutes to get one mile!















We sat in the open-air car which was fun for the boys to look out while the train was moving. At the end of the ride we took this picture:














The day was so much fun! It will have good memories for all of us.....well, maybe not Owen. The weather was perfect (cloudy and overcast) so it wasn't hot at all. We actually had to put jackets on the boys for the ride.

Brady bawled when we left. He wanted to stay there forever. And I was temtped to leave him lol. Afterward, we went to Mcdonalds and to the park.














Then at home we all had naps lol. We were beat!

If your thinking of taking your children to Thomas The Train, I would suggest that you don't unless they are totally into Thomas. It is expensive at $18.00 a person and that's for children too 2 years and older. Brett and I figured we didn't go on a date this month, so that was about the same amount we would have spent.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

They look like twins! post pics of them at the same age.

Emily said...

I was totally going to do this this year...but I forgot. Darn! Next year. It looks like a blast.