I had my 37 week appointment today. I was excited to find out if I had progressed any. Doctor says I am dialated a 2 and 75% effaced with a -2 station. I was really surprised that I was a 2 already. I was waiting for him to say that I wasn't even dialated yet. Even with this news though and having been through this with 2 other babies, I know this does not mean that my end is going to come sooner. With Owen, I was a 3 and 75% at this same time for two weeks and as I went in to be induced was a 4 and 80%.
Basically it all means a big fat nothing.
He even said today that he doesn't expect anything to happen and that I will most likely carry her the full time (up until I am induced).
Blah.
I feel like its something just within reach but that I can't touch. So what does a pregnant girl do when she is this close instead of celebrating? She cries. Its stupid, I know.
The crying is a mix of anxiousness, exhaustion, boredom, irritation, surrender and elation that I am at the END.
I just want to hold my sweet baby girl SO bad! And let's face it, be able to go more than 3 hours (which I would be dying by the end of!) without going pee. I think I was up 4 times last night, plus the time Brady woke me up, oh and dear husband snoring waking me up.
I keep telling myself to just let things drag slowly and enjoy the next 2 weeks or less having just my boys around and not having to do very much. I know that our lives are about to change. Although for the good, change none the less.
So my next appointment is next Monday and here is hoping to more dialation and at that appointment, setting up my induction date. Hopefully for the 20th!
Monday, May 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment