Tuesday, May 17, 2011

38 Week Appointment

On Monday I had my appointment and to my disappointment had no change from the last one except that she is now at a -1 station. He is going to see me next Monday and we will set up the induction date for either Mon, Tues, or Wed depending where I am at.

It feels like forever.

On the other hand, my sis-in-law Elisa had her baby boy Quinton last night and I was able to be there (in the hall mind you) but waiting as she was pushing. It was such a neat experience. It makes me SO excited for my day.

This morning though, I woke up to tons of contractions at 5am. They were 5 to 7 minutes apart and 1 minute long. Brett was on the verge of a freakout haha! but, I told him not to get his hopes up. I also told myself the same thing.

At 8:00 I was still having them and called the hospital who's audimated person says that you should consult your doctor. My doctor doesn't open the office until 9:00 so I decided to get up and get moving to see if they would stop or not. I did laundry, dishes, straightened things up and packed my bag and my kids bags just in case. Brett had already headed off to work with me agreeing to keep him updated (he just works up the road a few miles so no big deal).

At 9am I called and the receptionist said to wait until they are 3 to 5 minutes apart with contractions lasting at least 1 minute. She also said that they have to be painful enough that you have a hard time talking during them.

This kinda scared me because of how fast I had Owen. Even though I was induced with him, I was given pitocin at 8am and had him by 12:something with only 2 pushes. It makes me panic thinking of waiting until that point. I have to deliver at the Provo hospital too!

Anyway, after that phone call, I kept timing them but decided to go lay down for a bit because I was so tired getting up at 5am. I was in and out of sleep for 30 minutes, decide to get up, and they were gone! Dang!

I now, since then, have felt very achey, pressure (I am almost positive she has dropped), a contraction once in a while and some sharp pains here and there, but don't have consistent anything :(

I still feel like something is in the works though.

However, as bad as I want her here, I am grateful that maybe we didn't go into full blown labor this morning because Brady has his preschool gradutation tonight and I do not want to miss it!
After that though? Bring it on!! LOL

No comments: