Saturday, January 9, 2010

Our Little Christmas


I loved our tree this year. It was the first time I have done colored lights (at the requests of both Brett and Brady) and I was really skeptical about making it look good. I have always done a really formal tree with white lights.....a pretty tree you would say but I caved and did the color thing. I told Brett that if he was going to have colored lights then I was going to go buy new decorations and decorate in a funky sort of way. Funky it was!
As you can see I have feathers and all sorts of wispy things coming out of it. There are even humming birds.... yet you can't see them. It turned out gorgeous and maybe not exactly what I was picturing in my head, but I was still happy with it. AND I found the perfect wrapping paper to match with its colors.
The picture above was taken on Christmas Eve and that next to the tree is the beloved train table that Brady was asking for. I was so glad that "Santa" decided to put it together early, because it took 3 hours to assemble and came with more than 200 pieces! Brett couldn't resist but play with it before we went to bed. I was watching him in awe because he looked like a little boy having the time of his life with it. I almost wanted to laugh out loud. But then after a moment I was getting after him because it makes loud train noises and I didn't want the chance of Brady walking in.
By the time we went to bed it was about 1:30 a.m. We sipped our bubbly in our special Christmas goblets, didn't even watch a Christmas movie that we normally do, but went straight to bed out of exhaustion.


To all my nieghbors who will be reading this...Brady did not, I repeat, did not get a BB gun. He was begging for one for the last 3 weeks before Christmas and after explaining that a BB gun would be to dangerous for Santa to put in his sleigh, he kinda dropped the subject. (Heaven forbid it should accidentily shoot one of the reindeer right?). The green thing is what he got instead. I, along with all your kids, are safe.



Sorry this picture is sideways. It wouldn't load correctly. Brady was so excited for his train table. If fact both him and Owen didn't even notice the stuff on the couch. They just went directly for the grand prize. It was so cute!



This was Brady's side of the couch. He obviously wasn't thrilled about clothes....I mean what kid is? But I was excited for him. He was in desperate need of pants that actually fit him and longer shirts. When I was shopping for him I had a sad feeling hit me as well as the excited. He is now in a size 4t which puts him into the "Boy" section at the stores instead of the baby/toddler section. He is growing up so fast and getting so tall! Lately I have been wanting to cry because the reality of it is hitting me. I know.....cheesy.


Owen's side. Have you ever had a panic feeling come over you Christmas Eve because as you look at all the stuff laid out, one kid looks like he didn't get enough? Well, that was Owen this year. I know, I know....it looks like he got plenty AND he is a baby, but he really didn't get as much as Brady and when I voiced this concern with Brett he looked at me like I was crazy. "Jina, he's 18 months old, he wont even know he was given anything". Still, it made me panic for a moment.
I love being able to stay at my home for Christmas morning. We have our little traditions that make it so exciting like opening our box of Lucky Charms that has been on the kitchen counter for 2 weeks with a bow on it waiting for Christmas morning. We all have a bowl of it and wait for each other to be done so that we've had our dose of "good luck" in getting the things we wished for. Then we go into the living room and open presents together.
Our boys made it so fun this year. Brett and I are so excited for the years to come with them knowing they are going to get better and better. I love being able to visit our parents that day who are just s short drive away. I am so grateful for family.

2 comments:

Romero's said...

You have the cutest family

annie said...

it sounds like you guys had such a fun christmas and i LOVE the tree. coby makes fun of me b/c i'm pretty picky when it comes to our tree. i know i will cave someday :)