I have been wanting to get back into reading for some time. With the holidays being so hectic, I didn't have the time or really the desire/need to read yet.Well, I went to the library just the other day to find something to help good old nasty January seem a little less drab when I came across this book.
I remember this terrible tragedy clearly. I would watch the news and read the articles in PEOPLE magazine. It was a sad situation and something people wont ever forget.
This is a beautiful story written by Sharon Rocha, mother of Laci Peterson who was 7 months pregnant and killed by her husband. It was an intensely captivating book until the very end. She describes her daughter and their tight nit relationship. They were truly best friends. She talks about Laci growing up, the kind of person she was, Laci dating, meeting Scott, Laci's wedding day, their marriage and the phone call on December 24 2002, Christmas Eve, that changed their lives forever.
She also shares her thoughts and feelings about searching for her daughter and recounts those vividly excrutiating first 5 months. The court trials and hardships with Scott's parents are described and your heart aches for Laci's family as they seek justice. I was literally bawling, like ugly crying, through 1/2 of this book. It was such a great one though and I totally reccomend it to others.
Having read this book, my heart hurts for Laci's family and what they went through. As much as I dislike and am angered by how Scott's parents acted, my heart aches for their loss as well. Who know's how any of us would act in that kind of a situation involving our son or daughter being accused of murdering their spouse and child. We all want to see the best in our children and believe that we raised them right, that they wouldn't be capable of such a horrendous thing.
It's in those times we draw closer to our families and hold on to those people we love. She describes that she couldn't have made it through without her close circle of love (her family and friends). Sharon is an amazing person. She had class, self control, and strength in a time when most people would have lost it. I admire her. I would be thrilled to meet her someday....even though I have no idea what I would say. Actions speak louder than words sometimes, so I'd imagine I would just give her a great big hug, letting her know how much she's inspired me. She will never get over Laci and Conner's deaths, but I pray for her and her family to find peace and comfort that they will be reunited one day. There are two things that no matter what can be destroyed....love and God's plan.

1 comment:
I totally want to read that but I am so emotional right now, I would ugly cry for DAYS I bet. Maybe in a couple of months.
Post a Comment