Oh how I wish I had a camping trailer! As a child my parents always took us camping and I absolutely loved it. We have great memories of that and I want my kids to have good old camping memories too. I will have one someday....
It took us 3 hours to drive there. We headed out at 5:30 a.m. and finally reached the camp spot at around 8:45. It was a long drive and good thing our kids slept most of the way!
When we arrived, we had breakfast and then headed out to the boat that we had rented for the day. Everyone wanted to catch the massive fish that are "suppose" to be out there, but we only caught perch. The kids still had fun though. And as a paranoid person who has an extreme fear of deep water, I think I did pretty good.
After a few hours, we came back and Brett and I loaded our kids on a four wheeler and went for a ride. After 5 minutes, Owen was asleep and I have no idea how. It was the bumpiest trail I think I have ever been on, but he was sawing logs!
That night our kids were POOPED! They had no energy to even fight us like they usually do when we get them ready for bed. They went in the tent willingly and were asleep at 8:00. In fact, I think we all were worn out because not too long after, Brett and I hit the sack.
Tents suck though. I was freezing all night and my hips were killing me. Not to mention the pack of 30 coyotes how
Just kidding. We really did have a fun day and wished that we had come a day earlier with everyone else. But I just have one other complaint............I REALLY hate unpacking when you get home!
P.S. Owen is SO sunburned in that picture above! I felt so bad for the little fella but he didn't complain about it and the next day it was so much better.

4 comments:
Fun stuff...You guys are seem like you are doing a lot of fun stuff.
That looks like so much fun. Sometimes I think that I want to take up camping but then I can't get over the long list of things I hate about it but I know kids love it so maybe someday I'll get over it! Hey was it hard to get your hair back to red?
Megan- My natural hair color is SO MUCH lighter than the color you see in those pictures. It is still really dark right now. I have had fun with this color but am starting to really want my red hair back. I have no idea how hard it would be to get it back but I'm thinkin that it would be pretty hard.
The best thing I think I can do is just to let it get lighter as I wash it and I am planning on getting some bright red highlights in it which will help it transform back too.
Looks like alot of fun! I hate my kids being little dirt balls when we go.
Post a Comment