Come to find out he has Bronchealitis (sp?) caused by RSV and also has Thrush. So the doctor gave me an antibiotic for the Thrush and sent me on my way. He explained the Bronchealitis would just have to run its course another week and it should be done. Thinking to myself "another week of nightime hell," and walking out the door wanting to flip the doctor off.
Now don't get me wrong, I respect doctors to the fullest, but I hate taking my kids in. So when I do its because I have seriously come to my limit with letting my kid and myself suffer and just want some help. Not paying someone to tell me that there is nothing they can do.
Well, a couple nights later, Owen wakes up at around 2:00 a.m with a high fever that Tylenol doesn't even touch and by 6:00 a.m. he starts throwing up mucus. It was pretty scary. He was choking on it and turning blue trying to gasp for air. I was like "that is it!" so I made him another appointment (Brett forcing me to take him in again) . At this appointment the doctor diagnosed him with an ear infection (which we are all too familiar with going through 5 a year with Brady). So again, another antibiotic and home we went. O- and throughout this whole thing Owen decides to sprout his two front teeth and Brady starts coming down with the bronchealitis symptoms too.
Here we are 3 weeks down the road still battling sickness and no sleep. I want a vacation so bad! One without nightime interruptions and people hacking!

2 comments:
You poor thing:( I know how you feel with the whole doctor thing, glad you took him in. I hope you get some sleep soon, that really sucks.
I hate doctors to. 2 yrs ago my 2 kids and me got the flu shot ($75 later). We all got sick. Throwing up the whole works. Plus more money in co-pays. Now when they ask me if I want the shot I say NO!! THANKS!!
Hope they get better soon.
Post a Comment