Monday, March 14, 2011

Anxiously Waiting

Time is seriously going SO SLOW. Now to say that, yes, I do want to meet this little girl. Am I ready for sleepless nights? No lol. Our boys are now going to bed by themselves and sleeping from about 8:30 until 7:00 a.m. which is heaven. Am I ready for packing a carseat, diaper bag, diapers etc. around? No. Am I ready to have my freedom of leisurely doing as I please during the day being taken away? No.

On the other hand, am I ready for a cuddly little bundle? Yes. My boys don't know what the word "cuddle" means. Am I ready for pink in all shades, baby coos, a first smile, and unconditional love? Yes! AND am I ready for my body back? Heck yes.

I have no energy or motivation right now. Its all I can do to do the necessities with two boys, my house, and meals. I want to sleep all the time. I can't wait until the nesting or some big energy wave comes over me.

At my last doctor's appointment, everything went really good. My glucose came back perfect and he was surprised to find that my iron level has actually gone up. He said that pretty much never happens during pregnancy so that whatever I was doing or eating to keep on doing it. I was like HUH???? All I eat is everything!

It made me feel good to know that things were going well though. Next Wednesday I will be having an ultrasound to check what they have described as a 'band of tissue' in my uterus. They found it when I went in for my 20 week utlrasound but really didn't say much about it other than they dont want the size of it to increase. I am not too worried about it. There is nothing I can really do anyway if it became something but I am really excited to see our sweet pea this far along. I haven't ever had an ultrasound this late and it will be fun to see how big she is.

We have decided to name her Chloe. I have loved this name pretty much the entire pregnancy and have been waiting for Brett to come up with something better but he too has said that the name has just stuck. As for a middle name....we have talked about Adelle (It is in my family history) but are not 100% yet with that, although is sounds cute being Chloe Adelle Carter.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am pretty organized and prepared. I have had her crib up, bedding washed, clothes washed, bought diapers and cute accessories since I was about 5 months. It has been nice to have this done seeing that I feel like doing NOTHING now, but I still have some things I want to do, like find a cute end table to re-do for her room and mine, find a comfy rocking chair, buy wet wipes, get a diaper bag ready and pack for the hospital, hang curtains and decor in her room and many other things.

I cannot wait until yard sales begin, hoping to then find the end tables I need and to also enjoy the weather that usually starts it all.

No comments: