Thursday, March 24, 2011

30 Week Ultrasound

This is my fourth ultrasound with this pregnancy. It has been fun to see the changes made in just a short span of time.

Yesterday I had a 30 week ultrasound, requested by my doctor, for the "synechiae tissue" in my amniotic sac. They were just making sure that is was in fact a strand of tissue and not a 'band' because it would have been alot scarier ex: baby could have moved to the other side of it which would have been really bad and if it wasn't connected to my amniotic sac at each end, she could have been wrapped in it causing amputation of limbs and such. I am just so relieved that although it is still there, it is connected at both ends (so it can't wrap around baby) and its at the top under my ribs away from her. We saw her kicking it with her feet, but she can in no way be harmed by it.

Seeing her was so fun though. She is very squished lol. The ultrasound doc said that she doesn't have a very big cabin. You could see her legs kicking and mouth opening to swallow. Her eyes were moving as she looked around and best of all, she has fuzz on her head. You could actually see it when he showed it to me on her head! I am SO excited for her!!! I just want the next 9 weeks to fly by!

With all her measurements done, she weighs approximately 3lbs 5oz right now and is 2 days smaller than she is suppose to be. That is completely different from my boys who measured a week bigger than what they were. I am excited to have a little petite baby. She is also head down, yay!

So as of my pregnancy lately, I get real nauseous at night time. My appetite has decreased measureably and I am still really tired with no energy. I have a hard time sleeping at night because of her pressing on my pelvic bones. So sleeping is combined with constant tossing and turning. My sciatic nerves are a killer too.

No cravings. Blah. And I can tell you a life without food is no life. Although its keeping my weigh under check, I just want something to hit the spot sometimes.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

How fun to see your little baby! Those last weeks are such a killer. Eye on the prize - it'll be so, so worth it!