Before Brett and I had kids (infact it was before we were married), we watched a race in Mesquite of 4 and 5 year olds on their tiny motorcycles. It was the cutest thing in the whole world! Both of us agreed that if we had boys, we would definitely get them into motocross.
For the past couple of months, Brett and Brady have watched countless youtube vidoes on kids Brady's age (4) riding dirt bikes. Brady absolutley LOVES watching them and does so with complete fascination. He would beg us to get him one.
Even Owen would beg to sit on dad's lap to take a peek.
After watching how super fast Brady picked up on riding his bike without training wheels (like 2 times!), we decided that he could totally ride a motorcycle.
(This kid is amazing at learning things at a fast pace!)
So Brett has been watching on KSL for the right motorcycle. For the past week we have seen a few that we could have settled for but we wanted a newer, well-cared for one and came across this beauty that had only been advertised for about 10 minutes. He was SO excited! And it was in Salem which was PERFECT!
We were so lucky to have jumped at the chance of getting it because just as Brett pulled up to get it, another guy pulled up too.
As Brett was driving home, we think the reality of it started sinking into Brady because the whole way he was denying that it was his. He kept saying, "Dad this is yours, right?", but then as it sat in the garage last night, Brady kept going in to sit on it. (And Brett was too.....I think he is more excited than anyone lol!).
This morning as I loaded up the kids in the car, Brady was begging me to start up his motorcycle. Me....never having started one, gave it a try but knew I probably didn't know what I was doing so I told Brady we would later. I was just surprised that he wanted to start it after denying it was his last night, so that was a great sign in my book!
When Brett came home this evening, lo and behold be bought a helmet, gloves and boots. I knew he wouldn't be able to stand it and gradually get stuff! He was probably like a kid in a candy store over there! Brady was so excited to see what his gear looked like and when he put it on he looked so cute! The helmet that Brett got though was too small and we sadly had a tough time getting it off Brady's big noggin. So the one he is wearing in this picture is Brett's.
Brett, of course, wanted to start it up when he got home from work today and we actually were able to get Owen to go for a ride on it with him. When I told Brady that it was his turn he didn't want anything to do with it, but after forcing him to just sit on it with Brett, he had so much fun! Brett would let Brady control the gas and break so he could get the hang of it. They rode around our little neighborhood and Brady was doing to awesome controlling it by himself.
Brett and I were like giddy little school girls hahhha!
I wish at the end I would have had my camcorder charged and ready because Brett actually jumped off and let Brady ride all by himself! It was so AWESOME! He was laughing and having a blast!
Soon we are going to take him to either my dad's or Brett's parents to learn in the fields and let him loose. Motocross racing in the future?........Here we come!!!

2 comments:
Crap... look what you've done!! I'll never hear the end of, "but BRADY has a motorcycle"... I just can't handle this kind of whining from my husband anymore!!!
That is a sweet ride! He looks so adorable on it. Go Brady!
Post a Comment