Halloween came and went so fast! We had fun going to Halloween parties and doing activities. Brady was so excited to carve pumpkins but wouldn't even get close to scraping out the guts, so I had gut duty. Every year I forget how nasty that is and how bad it smells.
When we lit them up, I have to admit, even Brett and I were a little giddy about how good they turned out. How come carving pumpkins feels like you just conquered this huge accomplishment? Picture us a little like cavemen beating our chests with our fists, grunting and motioning to our pumpkin perfections like we just created fire. The funnest part though was seeing Brady watching them with huge eyes and so excited.
For Brady's costume he wanted to be a witch, but of course witches are girls, so Brett put a quick x-nay on that idea. I offered to Brady the idea of being a wizard instead, as the guy version of witches right? You should have seen the look Brady gave me. So he settled on Batman.
I had no idea he even knew who that was but since his mind was made up, finally after the tragic witch shutdown, I decided come hell or high water we were going to find a batman!
So with me being the thinker that I am, I opted to not get the "outfit" for batman, but to get only the mask and cape, and pair it off with black sweats that would last a whole lot longer than the thin nylon costume. Plus he could were them forever afterward, feeling like he is still "Batman" without the "costume" on. Don't you love how you can still trick them at this age?
Owen on the otherhand just adopted Brady's old skeleton costume from last year which to my relief fit him perfectly and was somewhat warm. Don't you just hate how they make costumes so thread bare?!? It baffles me.
I actually wanted to hit the trunk-or-treat this year so Brady could see all of his friends but Brett wanted to take him to do the traditional trick-or-treating and we had alot of fun. Brady wanted to make sure he knocked on the door, even though other kids had just knocked, and to our embarrassment would ask to choose a different candy if he didn't like the one they had given him. Three year olds..... what can ya do. After explaining to him the, "Just say thanks no matter what", process of trick-or-treating, he did really good the rest of the night and even started saying "Happy Halloween!" to them as we left.
Owen didn't get the whole getting in and out of the stroller with a happy countenance so he stayed put in it and was pushed around all night watching big brother do all the dirty work for the candy. He got about 5 pieces which was fine with him.
We were out at 6:00 p.m. and by 7:30 Brady said he was tired and wanted to go home. ( I am sure this is the last year we will be so lucky to have our kid get "worn-out" and want to go home early lol). I was glad to be done. We went home and put our worn out kids to bed. YAY!
I love Halloween but am happy to relax and enjoy the last moments of fall without the worry of parties and costumes. Please....please no snow for a while!

4 comments:
You guys did some wicked sweet looking pumpkins! I'd be giddy too! Nice work!
The boys look super cute. Sounds like you all had a super fun Halloween!
I tricked Spencer the same way! Except I did find him a batman t-shirt (thank you Old Navy). What a couple of suckers, bwahahaha!
Those pumpkins are AWE-SOME!! I love the one with the horse and jack-o-lantern! Your pride in the result was well justified!
your pumpkins rock!! good job, you might have the job of doing ours next year :)
Post a Comment