Bribes not only work for children but adults too. After a few weeks of slowly, as in
sssssslllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwlllllllyyyyyyyy, loosing weight (we're talking ounces people) and complaining to Brett on a daily basis of how I wish I had the motivation to get my butt into gear, he finally has a solution. If I track everything I eat for 2 weeks and stay within my points, I can go to The Buckle and get a pair of pants (ANY) pair I want.
Now I know what your thinking.....big deal it's just pants. Right? Well, let me tell you a story.
Before I had ever been into The Buckle, I would shop all over to buy pants. Jcpenney, Charlotte Russe, Target, Sears, DEB, Vanity......you name it, I went there. I would eventually find a decent pair that were okay, but it would be after numerous stores, hours, and screaming kids ready to go and I would just end up with "decent" pants paying anywhere from $30-$45.
(By the way, American Eagle was probably the best out of all of them for my body). Then Just to get home and Brett saying "Hmmm....ya know I really don't like your butt in those."
Everytime I would go to the mall I would pass The Buckle and look at all their cute stuff in the window wishing someday I could afford to shop there. Brett one day bought pants there and swore by them. I was like "DUDE! Now I definitely can't shop there if we are supporting one person on their goods right now!". If you haven't been there, the pants range in price from $66 to $145, if I am correct. That literally kills me! And thinking that I would probably just end up with "decent" jeans again even if I did shop there because HELLO! Brett with no-butt can fit into any style, bought from any store and he would still look good. So why should I trust his sworn testimony about these wallet cleaning pants? Guy jeans are SO differrent! They all have the same no-hips and no-butt traits in all of them.
A year or so passed and we were at the mall walking around when Brett pulls me into The Buckle and tells me he wants me to try some jeans on to prove that they are un-like all others. So I said "okay". I put some on and they totally fit me like no other jeans have before! I felt like they were made for my body. It was AWESOME! And I looked skinnier too! I about died when I saw the price tag at $70, but my amazing hubby bought them without blinking an eye!
That was a year ago before I lost 25 lbs. and just about cried when I couldn't wear them anymore even though it was because of a good thing. (DUH! I should have been happy I know!)
So back to the present, the past 2 weeks I have been in need of new pants since fall is here. I told Brett that I didn't want him to buy me any Buckle pants until I had reached my goal weight of 125, but that I was going to go get some pants somewhere other than Buckle to get me by until I was at that goal. I looked ALL over! It took all day (with onhery kids) and finally settled on some at Shopko. They were buy one get one 1/2 off so I was like "Can't pass that up!". Of course!
I get up to the register and the total reads $70. I instantly thought about the pants at The Buckle and sighed. O-well...it's my own fault for slacking.
I got home and showed Brett and he was like "Jina, seriously, if your going to pay that much for pants that you sort-of like, why not just go pay for one that you love? All I could say was "O..Okay". But had to hold myself back from mugging him to death for his sweetness. And we went the next day and bought me some hot jeans!
Now that you've read a bunch of crap that was probably not necessary, and if your still with me, congratulations. Let's move on to why Brett has bribed me.
After seeing how excited I was with getting these jeans Brett has decided (not because he thinks I need to loose more weight or thinks I am fat or anything like that....just to make sure we are all clear) but he has decided to bribe me with another pair if in two weeks I do really good. I am stoked because I would LOVE another pair to trade off with.
I have been tracking for a week so far and am at 134.4! Which is the lowest I have been yet, woot woot! Now I can get my 25lb award this Thursday. I am so motivated and committed to get these last 12 lbs off! Thanks to my wonderful husband for his encouragement and love for me and his never ending help in getting closer to my goal because he knows how happy I will be. I love him!
I will let you know where I stand on Thursday and start religiously updating my progress. Hope all of you are doing well!
P.S. Do any of you have any FAVORITE jeans you just absolutely love or something you would do anything for if someone bribed you with it?
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
you are so funny Jina!!! I love love love Big star Jeans and I actually bought them from Down East Outfitters and they are only 45 - 60 dollars but ya, I know what you mean well keep it up girl you are awesome infact give me some of your motivation will you??? =-)
I had no idea that Down East sold Big Star! I will have to look there next time. Thanks!
I also am a buckle believer! They really do have the best jeans around, if you can stifle your vomit long enough to pay for them! Congrats on the weight loss. I will be in your shoes soon!
Post a Comment